- Location: Saddle Mountain State Park
- Start: Saddle Mountain Trailhead
- Distance: 5.2 miles
- Elevation gain: 1600 feet
- Type: Out-and-back
- Time: 2 hours 40 minutes (breaks not included)
- References: 60 Hikes Within 60 Miles: Portland by Paul Gerald; Oregon Hikers
We did this short and sweet hike during a weekend stay in Gearhart. The trailhead is located a few minutes outside of Seaside, so you could do this hike and still have time to hang out at the beach! Despite some steeper climbing near the end, the incline for the majority of the hike is pretty gradual. The final stretch to the summit is completely void of trees, which means you get panoramic views even before you reach the top (unlike other hikes where you usually switchback through a heavily forested area before reaching the exposed summit). Since this area is so close to the beach, you have a fantastic view of the ocean once you reach the top.